10.20.2010

A Sucky Day :(

So on Tuesday, "sunny" California turned into a weather war zone...booo. It was a nice show of electricity & booming sound...lot's of wind and crazy bouts of rain. Now normally this really would not bother me so much, but on Tuesday I had to leave the house. So what? you ask...What's the big deal?
I DON'T DRIVE...I WALK EVERYWHERE!!!!!
Yep, no car, no license, no bike, no scooter...just my own two feet.
I had about 1.5 miles to walk to get to my orientation for my new job. Bummer, I know...but art is hard to sell in a shitty economy. So I chose to seek P/T employment. The first job I have had in 17 years!!
So I am about 3/4 to my final destination when the sky starts sparking up like tin foil in a microwave. All around me giant flashes of freaky. Sometimes the thunder would vibrate the ground under my feet. NOT GOOD, no overhangs and it starts to pour. And guess what NO UMBRELLA!! Nope don't own one of those either. Look it's Cali...my life is tank tops & flip flops and SUNSHINE.
I WANT MY SUMMER BACK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment